Imagine you are in a pitch-black room,
in an unfamiliar building.
The electricity is out.
You are terrified of the dark.
You have no matches – because who smokes anymore?
Your cell phone died hours ago.
You shouted but no one came.
Anxiety is taking hold, panic is pressing in.
Every scary thought of being trapped in a dark building runs through your head in technicolor!
You hear one thing louder and louder – your heartbeat.
And then you remember that pen your friend gave you, the one from their hairstylist, with the advertisement on it. The one that has a tiny light at the other end!
“PLEASE GOD LET ME STILL HAVE IT! PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! YES, here it is!!! OMG, it works! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
It’s a tiny, tiny light on the opposite end of a pen, but at this moment, it feels HUGE, doesn’t it? This tiny light can quash fears of immense proportion, light a room and change your perspective. Quite amazing!
Now imagine what your light can do in the darkness that surrounds us these days! It is so easy to get sucked into the morass that surrounds us on a daily and hourly basis. I won’t repeat the bad news because you already know it. If you don’t good for you!
So HOW do we shine our Light on the Darkness?
1. Center in your heart space – come back to your source – to your own bubble of light. Connect with Great Spirit, God, The Universe, Tao, Yahweh, whatever you call Oneness, however you best do that. Sometimes it’s as easy as communing with nature; or taking 3-5 deep conscious breaths while being aware and grateful for life. Maybe for you, it’s saying a prayer, a ten-minute meditation, or thirty minutes of yoga. Do it! This is for your Health and Sanity!
2. Turn away from the Darkness. Don’t read it, watch it or listen to it. Turn off the news channels. Or at the very least limit yourself to 10-20 minutes per day. I find it interesting that folks will only eat organic food yet feed their brains with hours of bad news.
3. Send light to the dark. If you know someone who is suffering from pain, grief, or illness send them healing energy, reiki, prayer, or positive thoughts. If you see an accident on the side of the road, send positive energy to the people involved. See light surrounding them. Remember, what you send out returns ten times!
4. If you must watch, listen or read bad news then send soothing energy to those areas. Fires devasting the forests? Send calm & rain. Floods destroying property and killing people? Send soothing energy to the rivers. Yes, you do have the power to calm a storm!
5. Avoid negative people – especially those who dwell on the bad news, it’s like playing in a toxic dump.
6. Practice reframing negativity – have a touchstone for those times when you find yourself depressed or flailing in negativity (it happens). Think of a funny animal, or a funny incident, or a place of beauty that you love – something to change the negative energy. Once you switch off the negative energy then imagine the new positive result that you want to experience. An easy example is getting a new job: Imagine yourself working in the perfect environment with people who are creative, supportive, happy, and contributing to the world in a positive way. Imagine exactly what you want to achieve in your new job. Using all your senses, see yourself there!
Try it right now and allow yourself to experience the change you feel when you play in the positive energy of creation. You can use this exercise for any situation in your life.
7. Join with other folks who are positive influencers – meet together in person or over Zoom and share the Light with each other. No bitching, whining, or complaining! Only positivity allowed! Come together to share a Meditation, Joy, Good news, Blessings, a positive reading – get it? Only good POSITIVE news is allowed. One person can lead every week, or you can rotate the responsibility. Meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
8. Practice Gratitude daily – be aware of all the good in your life. Speak it, write it, and include it in your prayers or meditations.
9. Shine your light. You may think that your light is just a tiny pin light but remember that tiny light on the end of a pen can light a room. In fact…
YOUR LIGHT IS HUGE!
Never underestimate the power of your light to chase away the dark. For there are many of us out here standing together. We just have to practice, practice, practice!
Shine on! BakeR – The Psychic Coachby
Here’s my latest Red Rocker Chat video: Five Step Affirmative Prayer
And the print version if you prefer:
Affirmative prayer or treatment is the form of prayer I was taught. Instead of begging or beseeching God to help us we are stating our intention in a powerful and positive way. You can also use this form of prayer to express pure gratitude. Remember to connect with Spirit when everything is going good too, coming from that place of love and thanks.
When I used to teach children in Sunday School at New Vision Spiritual Growth Center how to do affirmative prayer, I would teach them with these words and actions:
God is all there is! -use your hands to make a large circle, like the whole world
I am all that God is. -Bring your hands into your chest.
I am happy or I am smart or I have a new friend etc. -Holding palms out flat to receive.
Thank you God! -Clapping
I let it go. And so it is! -Hands and arms opening into the air.
The adult version goes like this:
Five Step Affirmative Prayer/Treatment with short examples of each step.
Recognition – God is all there is. It is in the mountains, a drop of water and the ocean. Spirit is unlimited, creative genius.
Unification – I am all that Spirit is. I am the creative energy that Spirit is, I am the grace that Spirit is, I am that which It is.
Affirmation – I have completed my super spirit charged, psychic development book, which inspires and empowers people to use their gifts. Or Money is flowing to me in ever increasing amounts.
Gratitude – Thank you, thank you, thank you Spirit for the creativity and commitment you have so generously shared with me. I am so grateful for the inspiration all around me, the beauty of a spring day, the love of my friends, the power and majesty of the mountains.
Release – I release these words into the action of Universal law, knowing that it is complete – it is done. And so it is!
Suggestions for use:
Make it your’s, use words that resonate with you. Do write it positively and in the present tense.
I believe that the most important element is the feeling you bring to your treatment. If you are just repeating words by rote or out of obligation please rethink it. Make it meaningful to you!
Some people like to write their prayers, others choose not to. Again use what works for you. I personally have gone through phases of both. When I was first working with affirmative prayer or treatments as we call them in Religious Science, I wrote my prayers, it helped me to learn the steps and see when my treatments were lifeless.
When you release it, RELEASE IT! You don’t have to worry about how it will happen, how to do it is not our problem; the Universe knows how to make it happen. Get your ego out of the way and trust. Do you want to put your faith in Spirit or Fear? Right, Spirit! So let it go.
Practice, practice, practice. When you practice and see results, you will gain confidence and faith. Use those spiritual muscles!
Enjoy your divine connection with love and joy, BakeRby
Today I found myself worrying about compensation. Actually my ego self was worried. Am I enough – will I make enough? Was the reading good – good enough?
My ego self says, “show me the money”, as if that is the only way to measure my self worth. My spiritual self is always certain that indeed I am enough – I AM good enough. I am always fully supported. My ego needs the compliments and glowing emails that clients send. My ego is fear based it needs to be fed. My spiritual self feels the deep connection in the moment and knows that the true gift is leading a client to understanding, helping them hear the Truth, or maybe connect with a loved one on the other side. My spiritual self is Love.
While I was in worry, all I could see was more fear. When Mamacita stepped in and slapped me around a little I was able to turn my self to the Truth, to see the light and to focus on my good. As I refocused on my service, 0n my joy in being of service and why I am really here, the phone rang – a client booking a session for tomorrow – of course!
Keeping my focus on gratitude and being of service empowers me and ultimately you. As I step into grace it radiates out and touches all those around me. When you step into grace, into gratitude it radiates out and touches all those around you!
Are you out of touch with your Truth? Out of balance? How much time do you spend in fear or worry?
How much time do you spend in gratitude, service or joy?
Do you think to be grateful for all you are?
Are you grateful for your body? For the utensils that allow you to eat? For the chair you sit in? For a computer that workd with no expectation of thanks?
Take a moment now to sit in gratitude – find at least five things that you don’t normally think to be grateful for:
- The cardinals song
- The men working in the hot sun on the electrical lines down my street
- Healers – especially chiropractors today!
- Can openers
Make a commitment to yourself to practice gratitude throughout your day…it is the single most important step to changing your life!
All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
— Martin Luther King Jr.
Join me November 11-13 at my Radical Healing Women’s Retreat – Come as an Abused Woman, Leave an Empowered Woman!by
Mamacita has been playing in my brain lately, so I decided to give her the forum today! Her words seem so simple, and yet the Truth always is.
Mamacita, what changes are coming?
Energetic, there is a shift happening. You are moving into the feminine energies – loving, caring, compassion, grace, forgiveness. And yes, there is still a warrior Spirit if needed – witness a mother bear protecting her cubs. But women will never send their son/daughters off to a needless war.
How can we survive these changes?
Love, Love and more love! No matter what happens – ask, “What would Love do now?” And forgiveness – you must learn to forgive quickly. Remember most people attack out of fear – FEAR – false emotions appearing real. Separate the person from the action and forgive them to the core of their being. That core, that essence of Spirit that is perfect, whole and complete.
What should we do now?
Move powerfully into Truth, in every phase of your life. Be authentic, live in integrity, be bold and courageous in your Truth. There is no more time for hiding who you really are. There is no more time to waste in a life of misery, pain and suffering. You are here to live in joy, in love, in truth.
Mamacita, this is nothing new, don’t you have some profound words of wisdom for us?
LOVE IS PROFOUND! Especially in the face of conceived evil. But since you need a little more help here are a few more words of wisdom:
* Gratitude – be grateful for all you have right now
* Faith – put your faith in Spirit not in fear
* Grace – allow grace to permeate all you do
* Inspire – inspire another person today, show them love, show them joy, show them courage. Remember what you give – you receive.
* Light – a tiny candle can illuminate the dark
* Courage – Walk your Talk!
I ask you, “Has Spirit ever let you down? Really???” Go in Love.
Mamacita, is there anything else?
Yes, you know I invented the acronym, KISS – keep it simple sweetie. It is really simple; if you want to live in joy – be joyous. If you want to be loved – love. If you want to be abundant – be grateful. If you want to be courageous – leap and the net will appear. If you want to live – get up every morning and greet the day with a big kiss! I LOVE YOU!
Thank you Mamacita! Anytime, de nada!by