YES, absolutely, pray and take action! In Religious Science we say, “Treat and Move Your Feet.” “Treat” refers to a Spiritual Mind Treatment (SMT) which is our form of affirmative prayer. I would write or speak my SMT and then move my feet.
If I am feeling depressed, I will say a treatment and then I might go for a walk in the red rocks, sit in the garden amongst the jewel-like faces of the pansies, call a friend who makes me laugh, watch a funny movie or read something inspirational. I use the techniques that work for me to pull me out of the depression. Recently during the COVID lockdown, I found myself depressed about 2-3 weeks in. When I realized and acknowledged that I was sleeping 10-11 hours per night, I knew I had to rectify the situation immediately. I committed to getting up, dressing up, and showing up for myself. No one else could do this for me, it was all on me and I knew what it would take. My mood improved, my spirit elevated and I was on the road to happiness and contentment again.
When we take responsibility for our actions – when we move our feet – we are telling the Universe – God – Spirit whatever you choose to call Her that we are committed to receiving. In the case of depression – we are committed to receiving joy or even contentment. If we are choosing more abundance, we also need to be open to receiving abundance in any form. If your friend invites you to lunch and offers to pay, ACCEPT the gift! Very often you say NO – NO – NO, I can pay for my own lunch. Now you have confused the Universe, you just did an SMT for more abundance, your friend shows up and offers to buy you lunch (a form of abundance) and you refuse her offer. The Universe is like, “Wait, didn’t you want more abundance? I sent your friend to buy you lunch. Isn’t that abundance?”
If you desire more Peace and Love in your world, you can:
· Write or speak your Spiritual Mind Treatment/Prayer
· Show up and BE Peace and Love
· Brainstorm ways to manifest more Peace and Love, for yourself and others
· Listen to other’s perspectives – what are they feeling, what do they want?
· Open your mind and heart to new possibilities
· Commit to Peace and Love no matter how you’re challenged (I work on this constantly, especially when driving)
· Vibrate your Peace and Love to others and to the world!
· Be grateful for all the Peace and Love you already experience.
These actions may not change the world, but they can change your world, here and now. If you happen upon someone who is in a rage or sad and depressed, how can you affect that person’s life in a positive way? How can you help them see a different way? Maybe if all you can do at that moment is send them light and love, do that.
When we put our intentions in writing or meditate on them – the Universe automatically creates a support system for them. We effectively stir the energy pot!
Act as if – Act as if you already have it, are it or do it.
The more positive energy we create around our intentions, the more likely they will happen. Also, we must deeply believe IT is ours. If you have any core issues like, “I’m not good enough,” “I’m too old, too sad, too ugly, too dumb”, etc., just clean that crap out right now! Clean those negative thoughts out of your brain and fill it with positive thoughts.
God – the Universe – Spirit, whatever you call Her wants us to take responsibility too. We don’t pray that our children will be safe and then let them play in the street. We don’t pray that our lung cancer will go away and continue to smoke three packs a day. (OK, some folks will, go figure!)
An aspect of our lives where this shows up is being happy. If you want to Be Happy – Be Happy! (If you suffer from chronic depression, you are exempt, you may need outside help.) But, if you’re just average Jane or Joe and you want to be happy – Go Be Happy.
Average Jane or Joe (AJJ): Dear God, I want to be Happy!
God: Okay, be Happy.
AJJ: No, you don’t understand, I don’t have a partner, how can I be happy?
God: What are you doing to have a partner?
AJJ: Well, I prayed. (Once with fervor)
God: What else did you do?
AJJ: What do you mean, what else should I do?
God: Well last week you were invited to a party, but you didn’t go. There were a couple of great people there who would have been delighted to meet you. The other day, you saw a cute guy at Whole Foods, he smiled, but you didn’t smile back. In fact, later when you saw him eating in the deli, you didn’t even say Hi, or smile, or anything. Do you really want to have a partner? Show up for your own parade! I put that guy there, he tried, but you didn’t show up. And furthermore, be happy for all you do have, the good friends, a home, car, music, books. Be joyful, that you live in such abundance. What do you really want? Are you willing to be scared? Are you willing to do the work? Are you willing to be vulnerable? What’s it worth to you? On a scale of 1-10, what’s your commitment level? By the way, I’ll love you no matter what!
Treat/Pray and Move Your Feet! Show up for your own Parade! Be Happy! Love Yourself, you deserve it!
Today, especially I ask that you Pray for light in the world, Pray for love, Pray for acceptance, Pray for open minds and hearts, Pray for vibrant health. Pray for Peace!
Today, especially I ask that you Take action:
· Support a good cause with dollars or time
· Have an honest conversation with yourself and others about your biases and beliefs
· Stand up for what is right/truthful and just.
· Honor love and compassion when you see it or experience it.
WITH LOVE AND LIGHT, BAKERby
Recently I watched an incredible video of the near death experience of Anita Moorjani. Unable to move as a result of the cancer that had ravaged her body for over three years, doctors at the hospital that morning had given Anita just hours to live She crossed over and came back. Here’s what this beautiful woman learned:
” Let me explain that there is a difference between ‘being loving’ and ‘being love’. Being loving means giving love to another whether you have any for yourself or not. It means giving what you yourself may or may not even have to give. This type of giving of love can eventually drain you, because we don’t always have a limitless supply. And then we look to the other to replenish our pool of love, and if it is not forthcoming, we stop being loving ourselves, because we are exhausted. Being love, on the other hand, means loving myself unconditionally so that it overflows, and anyone and everyone around me just becomes an automatic recipient of my love. The more I love myself, the more it flows out to others. It almost feels like being a vessel for love to flow through. When I am being love, I don’t need people to behave a certain way in order for them to be a recipient of my love. They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself. So to stop being love, to me, means to stop loving myself. Hence, I will not stop being love on account of another.” –Anita Moorjani
I love her line, “They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself.” That is so true! When you love yourself you automatically love others. When you truly love yourself you have plenty of love to give away. There is an unlimited supply.
When we are giving love from a space in us that is already full – we are not depleted, our well is full, it overflows onto others. First, because we filled the well ourselves, we always know how to replenish it. Second, the love we give away always comes back tenfold. “That’s great, you’re thinking, “but how do I fill myself with love?”
- Know that you and source/god/spirit are the only ones capable of truly filling your love well.
- Give yourself affirmations to work with daily such as? I radiate love which returns to me tenfold. I surround myself with beauty, grace and joy. I am full of energy, vibrant and vivacious! I create new stories for myself, filled with light and love. I love myself! If any negative messages come up when using these affirmations that is your clue that the old tapes you still run need to be erased. Cancel the old message and replace it with your affirmation.
- Nurture yourself – have a spa day, take your creative child out to play, walk in the park, hike a mountain, bake a treat just for you, meditate, watch a beautiful or funny movie.
- Stand up for yourself by having strong boundaries. Say no when you mean no – say yes when you really mean yes. If you’re doing anything from a sense of guilt or obligation instead of joy, you are not standing in your Truth.
- Send yourself an online greeting card – date it for a day in the future, so it’s a complete surprise.
- Give your inner child a new toy – soft and cuddly or something that makes her/him giggle.
- Dangle your toes in water, a creek, lake, pool, lay on your back and watch the clouds go by.
- Create a ritual/ceremony for yourself to honor your wisdom, beauty, breath, toes, nose, emotions _____________ or all of you!
- Write out the ABC’s and choose one positive word for each letter that describes you, i.e. Alert Brilliant Creative….Xerothermic Youthful Zesty
- Give yourself Reiki
- Work with a Spiritual Life Coach to empower you to find that inner love…the love that can never be taken away!
What can you do to love yourself more today?
What will it feel like to have so much love for yourself that it spills over all those around you?
Do you know that you are worthy of this much love? YES YOU ARE!!!
Have a beautiful, love filled life!
Many blessings! BakeR
Call me 928.284.1442 or email me at BakeR@ThePsychicCoach.net to set up your FREE 1/2 hour coaching consultation!by