Recently I watched an incredible video of the near death experience of Anita Moorjani. Unable to move as a result of the cancer that had ravaged her body for over three years, doctors at the hospital that morning had given Anita just hours to live She crossed over and came back. Here’s what this beautiful woman learned:
” Let me explain that there is a difference between ‘being loving’ and ‘being love’. Being loving means giving love to another whether you have any for yourself or not. It means giving what you yourself may or may not even have to give. This type of giving of love can eventually drain you, because we don’t always have a limitless supply. And then we look to the other to replenish our pool of love, and if it is not forthcoming, we stop being loving ourselves, because we are exhausted. Being love, on the other hand, means loving myself unconditionally so that it overflows, and anyone and everyone around me just becomes an automatic recipient of my love. The more I love myself, the more it flows out to others. It almost feels like being a vessel for love to flow through. When I am being love, I don’t need people to behave a certain way in order for them to be a recipient of my love. They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself. So to stop being love, to me, means to stop loving myself. Hence, I will not stop being love on account of another.” –Anita Moorjani
I love her line, “They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself.” That is so true! When you love yourself you automatically love others. When you truly love yourself you have plenty of love to give away. There is an unlimited supply.
When we are giving love from a space in us that is already full – we are not depleted, our well is full, it overflows onto others. First, because we filled the well ourselves, we always know how to replenish it. Second, the love we give away always comes back tenfold. “That’s great, you’re thinking, “but how do I fill myself with love?”
- Know that you and source/god/spirit are the only ones capable of truly filling your love well.
- Give yourself affirmations to work with daily such as? I radiate love which returns to me tenfold. I surround myself with beauty, grace and joy. I am full of energy, vibrant and vivacious! I create new stories for myself, filled with light and love. I love myself! If any negative messages come up when using these affirmations that is your clue that the old tapes you still run need to be erased. Cancel the old message and replace it with your affirmation.
- Nurture yourself – have a spa day, take your creative child out to play, walk in the park, hike a mountain, bake a treat just for you, meditate, watch a beautiful or funny movie.
- Stand up for yourself by having strong boundaries. Say no when you mean no – say yes when you really mean yes. If you’re doing anything from a sense of guilt or obligation instead of joy, you are not standing in your Truth.
- Send yourself an online greeting card – date it for a day in the future, so it’s a complete surprise.
- Give your inner child a new toy – soft and cuddly or something that makes her/him giggle.
- Dangle your toes in water, a creek, lake, pool, lay on your back and watch the clouds go by.
- Create a ritual/ceremony for yourself to honor your wisdom, beauty, breath, toes, nose, emotions _____________ or all of you!
- Write out the ABC’s and choose one positive word for each letter that describes you, i.e. Alert Brilliant Creative….Xerothermic Youthful Zesty
- Give yourself Reiki
- Work with a Spiritual Life Coach to empower you to find that inner love…the love that can never be taken away!
What can you do to love yourself more today?
What will it feel like to have so much love for yourself that it spills over all those around you?
Do you know that you are worthy of this much love? YES YOU ARE!!!
Have a beautiful, love filled life!
Many blessings! BakeRby