Imagine you are in a pitch-black room,
in an unfamiliar building.
The electricity is out.
You are terrified of the dark.
You have no matches – because who smokes anymore?
Your cell phone died hours ago.
You shouted but no one came.
Anxiety is taking hold, panic is pressing in.
Every scary thought of being trapped in a dark building runs through your head in technicolor!
You hear one thing louder and louder – your heartbeat.
And then you remember that pen your friend gave you, the one from their hairstylist, with the advertisement on it. The one that has a tiny light at the other end!
“PLEASE GOD LET ME STILL HAVE IT! PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! YES, here it is!!! OMG, it works! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
It’s a tiny, tiny light on the opposite end of a pen, but at this moment, it feels HUGE, doesn’t it? This tiny light can quash fears of immense proportion, light a room and change your perspective. Quite amazing!
Now imagine what your light can do in the darkness that surrounds us these days! It is so easy to get sucked into the morass that surrounds us on a daily and hourly basis. I won’t repeat the bad news because you already know it. If you don’t good for you!
So HOW do we shine our Light on the Darkness?
1. Center in your heart space – come back to your source – to your own bubble of light. Connect with Great Spirit, God, The Universe, Tao, Yahweh, whatever you call Oneness, however you best do that. Sometimes it’s as easy as communing with nature; or taking 3-5 deep conscious breaths while being aware and grateful for life. Maybe for you, it’s saying a prayer, a ten-minute meditation, or thirty minutes of yoga. Do it! This is for your Health and Sanity!
2. Turn away from the Darkness. Don’t read it, watch it or listen to it. Turn off the news channels. Or at the very least limit yourself to 10-20 minutes per day. I find it interesting that folks will only eat organic food yet feed their brains with hours of bad news.
3. Send light to the dark. If you know someone who is suffering from pain, grief, or illness send them healing energy, reiki, prayer, or positive thoughts. If you see an accident on the side of the road, send positive energy to the people involved. See light surrounding them. Remember, what you send out returns ten times!
4. If you must watch, listen or read bad news then send soothing energy to those areas. Fires devasting the forests? Send calm & rain. Floods destroying property and killing people? Send soothing energy to the rivers. Yes, you do have the power to calm a storm!
5. Avoid negative people – especially those who dwell on the bad news, it’s like playing in a toxic dump.
6. Practice reframing negativity – have a touchstone for those times when you find yourself depressed or flailing in negativity (it happens). Think of a funny animal, or a funny incident, or a place of beauty that you love – something to change the negative energy. Once you switch off the negative energy then imagine the new positive result that you want to experience. An easy example is getting a new job: Imagine yourself working in the perfect environment with people who are creative, supportive, happy, and contributing to the world in a positive way. Imagine exactly what you want to achieve in your new job. Using all your senses, see yourself there!
Try it right now and allow yourself to experience the change you feel when you play in the positive energy of creation. You can use this exercise for any situation in your life.
7. Join with other folks who are positive influencers – meet together in person or over Zoom and share the Light with each other. No bitching, whining, or complaining! Only positivity allowed! Come together to share a Meditation, Joy, Good news, Blessings, a positive reading – get it? Only good POSITIVE news is allowed. One person can lead every week, or you can rotate the responsibility. Meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
8. Practice Gratitude daily – be aware of all the good in your life. Speak it, write it, and include it in your prayers or meditations.
9. Shine your light. You may think that your light is just a tiny pin light but remember that tiny light on the end of a pen can light a room. In fact…
YOUR LIGHT IS HUGE!
Never underestimate the power of your light to chase away the dark. For there are many of us out here standing together. We just have to practice, practice, practice!
Shine on! BakeR – The Psychic Coachby
YES, absolutely, pray and take action! In Religious Science we say, “Treat and Move Your Feet.” “Treat” refers to a Spiritual Mind Treatment (SMT) which is our form of affirmative prayer. I would write or speak my SMT and then move my feet.
If I am feeling depressed, I will say a treatment and then I might go for a walk in the red rocks, sit in the garden amongst the jewel-like faces of the pansies, call a friend who makes me laugh, watch a funny movie or read something inspirational. I use the techniques that work for me to pull me out of the depression. Recently during the COVID lockdown, I found myself depressed about 2-3 weeks in. When I realized and acknowledged that I was sleeping 10-11 hours per night, I knew I had to rectify the situation immediately. I committed to getting up, dressing up, and showing up for myself. No one else could do this for me, it was all on me and I knew what it would take. My mood improved, my spirit elevated and I was on the road to happiness and contentment again.
When we take responsibility for our actions – when we move our feet – we are telling the Universe – God – Spirit whatever you choose to call Her that we are committed to receiving. In the case of depression – we are committed to receiving joy or even contentment. If we are choosing more abundance, we also need to be open to receiving abundance in any form. If your friend invites you to lunch and offers to pay, ACCEPT the gift! Very often you say NO – NO – NO, I can pay for my own lunch. Now you have confused the Universe, you just did an SMT for more abundance, your friend shows up and offers to buy you lunch (a form of abundance) and you refuse her offer. The Universe is like, “Wait, didn’t you want more abundance? I sent your friend to buy you lunch. Isn’t that abundance?”
If you desire more Peace and Love in your world, you can:
· Write or speak your Spiritual Mind Treatment/Prayer
· Show up and BE Peace and Love
· Brainstorm ways to manifest more Peace and Love, for yourself and others
· Listen to other’s perspectives – what are they feeling, what do they want?
· Open your mind and heart to new possibilities
· Commit to Peace and Love no matter how you’re challenged (I work on this constantly, especially when driving)
· Vibrate your Peace and Love to others and to the world!
· Be grateful for all the Peace and Love you already experience.
These actions may not change the world, but they can change your world, here and now. If you happen upon someone who is in a rage or sad and depressed, how can you affect that person’s life in a positive way? How can you help them see a different way? Maybe if all you can do at that moment is send them light and love, do that.
When we put our intentions in writing or meditate on them – the Universe automatically creates a support system for them. We effectively stir the energy pot!
Act as if – Act as if you already have it, are it or do it.
The more positive energy we create around our intentions, the more likely they will happen. Also, we must deeply believe IT is ours. If you have any core issues like, “I’m not good enough,” “I’m too old, too sad, too ugly, too dumb”, etc., just clean that crap out right now! Clean those negative thoughts out of your brain and fill it with positive thoughts.
God – the Universe – Spirit, whatever you call Her wants us to take responsibility too. We don’t pray that our children will be safe and then let them play in the street. We don’t pray that our lung cancer will go away and continue to smoke three packs a day. (OK, some folks will, go figure!)
An aspect of our lives where this shows up is being happy. If you want to Be Happy – Be Happy! (If you suffer from chronic depression, you are exempt, you may need outside help.) But, if you’re just average Jane or Joe and you want to be happy – Go Be Happy.
Average Jane or Joe (AJJ): Dear God, I want to be Happy!
God: Okay, be Happy.
AJJ: No, you don’t understand, I don’t have a partner, how can I be happy?
God: What are you doing to have a partner?
AJJ: Well, I prayed. (Once with fervor)
God: What else did you do?
AJJ: What do you mean, what else should I do?
God: Well last week you were invited to a party, but you didn’t go. There were a couple of great people there who would have been delighted to meet you. The other day, you saw a cute guy at Whole Foods, he smiled, but you didn’t smile back. In fact, later when you saw him eating in the deli, you didn’t even say Hi, or smile, or anything. Do you really want to have a partner? Show up for your own parade! I put that guy there, he tried, but you didn’t show up. And furthermore, be happy for all you do have, the good friends, a home, car, music, books. Be joyful, that you live in such abundance. What do you really want? Are you willing to be scared? Are you willing to do the work? Are you willing to be vulnerable? What’s it worth to you? On a scale of 1-10, what’s your commitment level? By the way, I’ll love you no matter what!
Treat/Pray and Move Your Feet! Show up for your own Parade! Be Happy! Love Yourself, you deserve it!
Today, especially I ask that you Pray for light in the world, Pray for love, Pray for acceptance, Pray for open minds and hearts, Pray for vibrant health. Pray for Peace!
Today, especially I ask that you Take action:
· Support a good cause with dollars or time
· Have an honest conversation with yourself and others about your biases and beliefs
· Stand up for what is right/truthful and just.
· Honor love and compassion when you see it or experience it.by
Here’s my latest Red Rocker Chat video: Five Step Affirmative Prayer
And the print version if you prefer:
Affirmative prayer or treatment is the form of prayer I was taught. Instead of begging or beseeching God to help us we are stating our intention in a powerful and positive way. You can also use this form of prayer to express pure gratitude. Remember to connect with Spirit when everything is going good too, coming from that place of love and thanks.
When I used to teach children in Sunday School at New Vision Spiritual Growth Center how to do affirmative prayer, I would teach them with these words and actions:
God is all there is! -use your hands to make a large circle, like the whole world
I am all that God is. -Bring your hands into your chest.
I am happy or I am smart or I have a new friend etc. -Holding palms out flat to receive.
Thank you God! -Clapping
I let it go. And so it is! -Hands and arms opening into the air.
The adult version goes like this:
Five Step Affirmative Prayer/Treatment with short examples of each step.
Recognition – God is all there is. It is in the mountains, a drop of water and the ocean. Spirit is unlimited, creative genius.
Unification – I am all that Spirit is. I am the creative energy that Spirit is, I am the grace that Spirit is, I am that which It is.
Affirmation – I have completed my super spirit charged, psychic development book, which inspires and empowers people to use their gifts. Or Money is flowing to me in ever increasing amounts.
Gratitude – Thank you, thank you, thank you Spirit for the creativity and commitment you have so generously shared with me. I am so grateful for the inspiration all around me, the beauty of a spring day, the love of my friends, the power and majesty of the mountains.
Release – I release these words into the action of Universal law, knowing that it is complete – it is done. And so it is!
Suggestions for use:
Make it your’s, use words that resonate with you. Do write it positively and in the present tense.
I believe that the most important element is the feeling you bring to your treatment. If you are just repeating words by rote or out of obligation please rethink it. Make it meaningful to you!
Some people like to write their prayers, others choose not to. Again use what works for you. I personally have gone through phases of both. When I was first working with affirmative prayer or treatments as we call them in Religious Science, I wrote my prayers, it helped me to learn the steps and see when my treatments were lifeless.
When you release it, RELEASE IT! You don’t have to worry about how it will happen, how to do it is not our problem; the Universe knows how to make it happen. Get your ego out of the way and trust. Do you want to put your faith in Spirit or Fear? Right, Spirit! So let it go.
Practice, practice, practice. When you practice and see results, you will gain confidence and faith. Use those spiritual muscles!
Enjoy your divine connection with love and joy, BakeRby
GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY, STEP INTO LOVE AND LET GO
As I embark on this new journey the question has been, “Will people accept me in this new role, will they be warm and fuzzy or will they be cold and serpent like? The answer of course is I have to follow my heart and follow Spirit.
Fear is what keeps me separate from you, if I let my fear control me then I will not reach out to you. I will not tell the world what I’m doing and I will continue to hide my light under the basket. I will not be able to love and support you if I continue to hide. And what I choose to do now is love and support you!
Just as I chose to step into this “snake pit”, I choose now to step into my true essence, yes it’s scary, yes sometimes it seems too big and I wonder what makes me so sure I can do this. But the Truth is I can’t do anything else now, I have chosen a new life and dammit I know it is the right thing. This trip to Peru working with Shamans in the Amazonian jungle and Andes Mountains was among the scariest 24 days of my life, but I came out a new person, ready to make this transformation, and indeed I could not deny the calling any longer.
Sometimes it’s necessary to get out of our own way. When we want to create or manifest something , WHO is in the way? Oh yeah baby, there’s three fingers pointing right back at you and me! Yep, it’s true, I’m the one who doesn’t think it’s possible, who comes up with a myriad of reasons why it won’t work, who fears the worst. What is the worst anyway? In my imagination the worst is I fail, lose everything, end up on the street – or in the woods in my case, with nothing and no one. Is this really possible – wow I think not! I’ve failed before, didn’t kill me, here I am in Sedona, living a great life. So what’s really in the way – FEAR!!! When I’m in FEAR, love does not exist. I’m certainly not loving myself when I’m in FEAR. I know that what I think, what I believe is what I will create, therefore if I continue with these negative thoughts, guess what I’m creating? Yes, that’s right, more icky, yucky crap. If I’m putting my faith in fear, then I’m certainly not putting my faith in Love/God/Spirit. Putting faith in fear happens when I let the fear monster take over my thoughts, when I put more credence in my fears than in Spirit’s ability to walk me through them. When I step out of Love and into Fear!
- I challenge you to think back about some situation, event or disaster in your life. Reenact the fear and worry…now tell me if the worry, the agony, the fear really changed anything. Did it free you up to act or did it paralyze you and hold you hostage?
- At some point were you able to let go of the fear? Did you surrender? What happened then?
My guess is when you stepped out of Fear, you were able to act, you made conscious decisions and moved forward. I remember the bus trip down the mountain in the Andes, hairpin curves, a creaky old bus, pouring rain in an intense thunder and lightning storm. I was terrified and the voice said, “I have brought you through all this, why would I let you die now? You have things to do.” I surrendered, relaxed and enjoyed one of the most stunning storms I had ever witnessed. The lightning was magnificent at that altitude!
When I put my faith in fear, then my prayers sound like this: Dear God, please help me, if you take care of this I will do/or not do_________ everyday I swear!!!
When I choose to step into Love, when I choose to put my faith in Love, my affirmative prayer now sounds like this: I know that God/Love is all there is. I am what God is, there is no separation. I hereby claim Love in everything I do, I come from Love in every situation, I put my faith in Love. I release these words into Universal Law. And so it is! Granted this is a simplified version but actually it’s all we have to do. I’ve used this simple version when witnessing an accident to send protection and love. You CAN choose to step into Love and out of Fear right now. Give up your addiction to worry and fear….choose Joy and Love instead!
Create a great week fortyfour times!