shine your light
Imagine you are in a pitch-black room,
in an unfamiliar building.
The electricity is out.
You are terrified of the dark.
You have no matches – because who smokes anymore?
Your cell phone died hours ago.
You shouted but no one came.
Anxiety is taking hold, panic is pressing in.
Every scary thought of being trapped in a dark building runs through your head in technicolor!
You hear one thing louder and louder – your heartbeat.
And then you remember that pen your friend gave you, the one from their hairstylist, with the advertisement on it. The one that has a tiny light at the other end!
“PLEASE GOD LET ME STILL HAVE IT! PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! YES, here it is!!! OMG, it works! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
It’s a tiny, tiny light on the opposite end of a pen, but at this moment, it feels HUGE, doesn’t it? This tiny light can quash fears of immense proportion, light a room and change your perspective. Quite amazing!
Now imagine what your light can do in the darkness that surrounds us these days! It is so easy to get sucked into the morass that surrounds us on a daily and hourly basis. I won’t repeat the bad news because you already know it. If you don’t good for you!
So HOW do we shine our Light on the Darkness?
1. Center in your heart space – come back to your source – to your own bubble of light. Connect with Great Spirit, God, The Universe, Tao, Yahweh, whatever you call Oneness, however you best do that. Sometimes it’s as easy as communing with nature; or taking 3-5 deep conscious breaths while being aware and grateful for life. Maybe for you, it’s saying a prayer, a ten-minute meditation, or thirty minutes of yoga. Do it! This is for your Health and Sanity!
2. Turn away from the Darkness. Don’t read it, watch it or listen to it. Turn off the news channels. Or at the very least limit yourself to 10-20 minutes per day. I find it interesting that folks will only eat organic food yet feed their brains with hours of bad news.
3. Send light to the dark. If you know someone who is suffering from pain, grief, or illness send them healing energy, reiki, prayer, or positive thoughts. If you see an accident on the side of the road, send positive energy to the people involved. See light surrounding them. Remember, what you send out returns ten times!
4. If you must watch, listen or read bad news then send soothing energy to those areas. Fires devasting the forests? Send calm & rain. Floods destroying property and killing people? Send soothing energy to the rivers. Yes, you do have the power to calm a storm!
5. Avoid negative people – especially those who dwell on the bad news, it’s like playing in a toxic dump.
6. Practice reframing negativity – have a touchstone for those times when you find yourself depressed or flailing in negativity (it happens). Think of a funny animal, or a funny incident, or a place of beauty that you love – something to change the negative energy. Once you switch off the negative energy then imagine the new positive result that you want to experience. An easy example is getting a new job: Imagine yourself working in the perfect environment with people who are creative, supportive, happy, and contributing to the world in a positive way. Imagine exactly what you want to achieve in your new job. Using all your senses, see yourself there!
Try it right now and allow yourself to experience the change you feel when you play in the positive energy of creation. You can use this exercise for any situation in your life.
7. Join with other folks who are positive influencers – meet together in person or over Zoom and share the Light with each other. No bitching, whining, or complaining! Only positivity allowed! Come together to share a Meditation, Joy, Good news, Blessings, a positive reading – get it? Only good POSITIVE news is allowed. One person can lead every week, or you can rotate the responsibility. Meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
8. Practice Gratitude daily – be aware of all the good in your life. Speak it, write it, and include it in your prayers or meditations.
9. Shine your light. You may think that your light is just a tiny pin light but remember that tiny light on the end of a pen can light a room. In fact…
YOUR LIGHT IS HUGE!
Never underestimate the power of your light to chase away the dark. For there are many of us out here standing together. We just have to practice, practice, practice!
Shine on! BakeR – The Psychic Coachby