Imagine you are in a pitch-black room,
in an unfamiliar building.
The electricity is out.
You are terrified of the dark.
You have no matches – because who smokes anymore?
Your cell phone died hours ago.
You shouted but no one came.
Anxiety is taking hold, panic is pressing in.
Every scary thought of being trapped in a dark building runs through your head in technicolor!
You hear one thing louder and louder – your heartbeat.
And then you remember that pen your friend gave you, the one from their hairstylist, with the advertisement on it. The one that has a tiny light at the other end!
“PLEASE GOD LET ME STILL HAVE IT! PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! YES, here it is!!! OMG, it works! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
It’s a tiny, tiny light on the opposite end of a pen, but at this moment, it feels HUGE, doesn’t it? This tiny light can quash fears of immense proportion, light a room and change your perspective. Quite amazing!
Now imagine what your light can do in the darkness that surrounds us these days! It is so easy to get sucked into the morass that surrounds us on a daily and hourly basis. I won’t repeat the bad news because you already know it. If you don’t good for you!
So HOW do we shine our Light on the Darkness?
1. Center in your heart space – come back to your source – to your own bubble of light. Connect with Great Spirit, God, The Universe, Tao, Yahweh, whatever you call Oneness, however you best do that. Sometimes it’s as easy as communing with nature; or taking 3-5 deep conscious breaths while being aware and grateful for life. Maybe for you, it’s saying a prayer, a ten-minute meditation, or thirty minutes of yoga. Do it! This is for your Health and Sanity!
2. Turn away from the Darkness. Don’t read it, watch it or listen to it. Turn off the news channels. Or at the very least limit yourself to 10-20 minutes per day. I find it interesting that folks will only eat organic food yet feed their brains with hours of bad news.
3. Send light to the dark. If you know someone who is suffering from pain, grief, or illness send them healing energy, reiki, prayer, or positive thoughts. If you see an accident on the side of the road, send positive energy to the people involved. See light surrounding them. Remember, what you send out returns ten times!
4. If you must watch, listen or read bad news then send soothing energy to those areas. Fires devasting the forests? Send calm & rain. Floods destroying property and killing people? Send soothing energy to the rivers. Yes, you do have the power to calm a storm!
5. Avoid negative people – especially those who dwell on the bad news, it’s like playing in a toxic dump.
6. Practice reframing negativity – have a touchstone for those times when you find yourself depressed or flailing in negativity (it happens). Think of a funny animal, or a funny incident, or a place of beauty that you love – something to change the negative energy. Once you switch off the negative energy then imagine the new positive result that you want to experience. An easy example is getting a new job: Imagine yourself working in the perfect environment with people who are creative, supportive, happy, and contributing to the world in a positive way. Imagine exactly what you want to achieve in your new job. Using all your senses, see yourself there!
Try it right now and allow yourself to experience the change you feel when you play in the positive energy of creation. You can use this exercise for any situation in your life.
7. Join with other folks who are positive influencers – meet together in person or over Zoom and share the Light with each other. No bitching, whining, or complaining! Only positivity allowed! Come together to share a Meditation, Joy, Good news, Blessings, a positive reading – get it? Only good POSITIVE news is allowed. One person can lead every week, or you can rotate the responsibility. Meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
8. Practice Gratitude daily – be aware of all the good in your life. Speak it, write it, and include it in your prayers or meditations.
9. Shine your light. You may think that your light is just a tiny pin light but remember that tiny light on the end of a pen can light a room. In fact…
YOUR LIGHT IS HUGE!
Never underestimate the power of your light to chase away the dark. For there are many of us out here standing together. We just have to practice, practice, practice!
Shine on! BakeR – The Psychic Coachby
Recently I realized that I still have insidious worms in my head. They writhe around, mushing my brain into slimy toxic waste! My fear based ego loves them, it feeds them regularly, giving them special treats so they can get bigger and fatter. GROSS!!!
For years, instead of knowing the Truth for myself, I have allowed the worms to eat away at who I really am. I allowed them to create my stories.
When I got lovingly honest with myself I came up with these insidious worms (stories) and the fodder the ego feeds them:
I am afraid of success. Yep, you should be, if you get really successful you won’t have any privacy, you’ll be gone all the time and your husband won’t love you anymore.
I am a procrastinator. Maybe, but you could miss something really important on Facebook.
I am afraid of failure. Damn straight, it hurts to fail!
I am not a good writer. Seriously have you read John O’Donohue? That’s a good writer, you are a hack with a couple of ideas.
Mamacita answers other peoples’ questions, but not mine. Mamacita has much more important issues to deal with than your whiny stuff. She’s not supposed to help you, just others.
With all the people I have taught these principles, why don’t I put them into action? No kidding, you must be unteachable.
The truth is these are all just stories I have been telling myself for eons. No matter what my “story” of the day is, I can change the ending. For instance, I used to have” victim consciousness” because my father sexually abused me for years. I lived from that “victim conscious” for a good part of my life, until I realized that I didn’t have to live there anymore. I healed that wound and changed my life. Now that I know I can heal something that big, I can surely heal being afraid of success or failure, or stop procrastinating, or listen to Mamacita, or practice what I teach.
It’s as simple as withholding the worms fodder and feeding my brain and psyche some new material, such as:
I am successful. I am in control of my time, my life is balanced
I choose to complete my marketing and then write or read.
I love failure, it’s one step closer to finding the correct way or the genius answer.
I practice, practice, practice my writing. I love sharing my ideas through my writing.
Mamacita and my other guides are always available for me, they love helping me.
As I teach others these principles I learn them myself. I am completely honest with myself.
All those stories we tell ourselves, they’re just worms! We can eradicate the worms, if we will just stop feeding them!
Let’s ask ourselves right now:
What are the stories I tell myself?
What do I need to release to change a particular story?
Changing my thinking and my perspective, how do I create my new story?
How can I put the new story into action?
If something is hard it’s because we are out of integrity. We must ask ourselves, “Where am I not being true to myself?”
I am going to be in integrity with myself, eradicate the worms and watch how easy it gets. No matter what the story, with a new perspective, I CAN change it – I can change the ending.
If you know someone who could benefit from reading this in any way please share it with them. In fact I’m going to be really BOLD here and ask you to please share this message with at least one person, Thank You!
Here’s my BIG announcement….drum roll please!
Once again Mamacita leads me down a new path!
I have been given an incredible opportunity to manage a new wellness center right here in Uptown Sedona along with the founders. They are beautiful, loving lights who are creating a gorgeous space, which will be dedicated to promoting emotional, physical, mental and spiritual wellness. We will open Labor Day weekend and I am thrilled to be starting this new adventure! Until then, YES, I am still available for private sessions-readings, coaching and reiki here in Sedona, by phone, Skype or FaceTime.
Please contact me for your appointment as my time is limited:
I will continue to do my sessions at the new center when we open and will send details as we progress.
Today I found myself worrying about compensation. Actually my ego self was worried. Am I enough – will I make enough? Was the reading good – good enough?
My ego self says, “show me the money”, as if that is the only way to measure my self worth. My spiritual self is always certain that indeed I am enough – I AM good enough. I am always fully supported. My ego needs the compliments and glowing emails that clients send. My ego is fear based it needs to be fed. My spiritual self feels the deep connection in the moment and knows that the true gift is leading a client to understanding, helping them hear the Truth, or maybe connect with a loved one on the other side. My spiritual self is Love.
While I was in worry, all I could see was more fear. When Mamacita stepped in and slapped me around a little I was able to turn my self to the Truth, to see the light and to focus on my good. As I refocused on my service, 0n my joy in being of service and why I am really here, the phone rang – a client booking a session for tomorrow – of course!
Keeping my focus on gratitude and being of service empowers me and ultimately you. As I step into grace it radiates out and touches all those around me. When you step into grace, into gratitude it radiates out and touches all those around you!
Are you out of touch with your Truth? Out of balance? How much time do you spend in fear or worry?
How much time do you spend in gratitude, service or joy?
Do you think to be grateful for all you are?
Are you grateful for your body? For the utensils that allow you to eat? For the chair you sit in? For a computer that workd with no expectation of thanks?
Take a moment now to sit in gratitude – find at least five things that you don’t normally think to be grateful for:
- The cardinals song
- The men working in the hot sun on the electrical lines down my street
- Healers – especially chiropractors today!
- Can openers
Make a commitment to yourself to practice gratitude throughout your day…it is the single most important step to changing your life!
All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
— Martin Luther King Jr.
Join me November 11-13 at my Radical Healing Women’s Retreat – Come as an Abused Woman, Leave an Empowered Woman!by
Recently I watched an incredible video of the near death experience of Anita Moorjani. Unable to move as a result of the cancer that had ravaged her body for over three years, doctors at the hospital that morning had given Anita just hours to live She crossed over and came back. Here’s what this beautiful woman learned:
” Let me explain that there is a difference between ‘being loving’ and ‘being love’. Being loving means giving love to another whether you have any for yourself or not. It means giving what you yourself may or may not even have to give. This type of giving of love can eventually drain you, because we don’t always have a limitless supply. And then we look to the other to replenish our pool of love, and if it is not forthcoming, we stop being loving ourselves, because we are exhausted. Being love, on the other hand, means loving myself unconditionally so that it overflows, and anyone and everyone around me just becomes an automatic recipient of my love. The more I love myself, the more it flows out to others. It almost feels like being a vessel for love to flow through. When I am being love, I don’t need people to behave a certain way in order for them to be a recipient of my love. They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself. So to stop being love, to me, means to stop loving myself. Hence, I will not stop being love on account of another.” –Anita Moorjani
I love her line, “They are automatically getting my love as a result of me loving myself.” That is so true! When you love yourself you automatically love others. When you truly love yourself you have plenty of love to give away. There is an unlimited supply.
When we are giving love from a space in us that is already full – we are not depleted, our well is full, it overflows onto others. First, because we filled the well ourselves, we always know how to replenish it. Second, the love we give away always comes back tenfold. “That’s great, you’re thinking, “but how do I fill myself with love?”
- Know that you and source/god/spirit are the only ones capable of truly filling your love well.
- Give yourself affirmations to work with daily such as? I radiate love which returns to me tenfold. I surround myself with beauty, grace and joy. I am full of energy, vibrant and vivacious! I create new stories for myself, filled with light and love. I love myself! If any negative messages come up when using these affirmations that is your clue that the old tapes you still run need to be erased. Cancel the old message and replace it with your affirmation.
- Nurture yourself – have a spa day, take your creative child out to play, walk in the park, hike a mountain, bake a treat just for you, meditate, watch a beautiful or funny movie.
- Stand up for yourself by having strong boundaries. Say no when you mean no – say yes when you really mean yes. If you’re doing anything from a sense of guilt or obligation instead of joy, you are not standing in your Truth.
- Send yourself an online greeting card – date it for a day in the future, so it’s a complete surprise.
- Give your inner child a new toy – soft and cuddly or something that makes her/him giggle.
- Dangle your toes in water, a creek, lake, pool, lay on your back and watch the clouds go by.
- Create a ritual/ceremony for yourself to honor your wisdom, beauty, breath, toes, nose, emotions _____________ or all of you!
- Write out the ABC’s and choose one positive word for each letter that describes you, i.e. Alert Brilliant Creative….Xerothermic Youthful Zesty
- Give yourself Reiki
- Work with a Spiritual Life Coach to empower you to find that inner love…the love that can never be taken away!
What can you do to love yourself more today?
What will it feel like to have so much love for yourself that it spills over all those around you?
Do you know that you are worthy of this much love? YES YOU ARE!!!
Have a beautiful, love filled life!
Many blessings! BakeRby
The beginning of a new year seems to give us a new lease on life. We get to start anew, to release anything that didn’t work last year and move forward.
In view of that I’m going to ask you to engage your creative side. To look at things in a different light, to think of color and sound and objects differently. To let go of the analytical and just go with your creativity and intuition.
Don’t spend a lot of time thinking about the questions, just let your unique answer float in from the ethers, engage your inner child and create.
What color is the letter S?
What does turquoise sound like?
If you were an animal what animal would you be?
What does an eagle think as it soars in the air?
What does it feel like to be a tree?
If you were a car what kind of car would you be?
What time is it on Saturn?
What does platinum feel like?
How old is magenta?
If you were a road where would you go?
Where were you in 1844? (no analyzing just go with it, let it flow)
What does capybara taste like?
If you were going to get a tattoo (okay it can be removed the next day) what would it be?
Where would you put the tattoo? (remember it can be gone the next day)
How much can you possibly love?
What does your brain feel like?
Now that your creative juices are flowing try these on:
What was the most fun you had in 2010?
When did you feel most inspired in 2010?
What was the best meal you ate in 2010? Where?
What was the best gift you gave to another being? What was the best gift you received?
What did you do, create, or become in 2010 that you are most proud of?
If you had one word to sum up 2010 what would that word be? Would you like the word to be different, the same or better for 2011?
Is there something you wanted to accomplish in 2010 that you could dust off and try again?
What do you want to create this year?
What could you add or subtract that would make this year soar?
How can you be healthier this year? Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually?
You have all the time you need, all the money and all the creativity, so what’s stopping you from creating the life you truly desire? If you think you don’t, call me I’ll help you figure it out.
The best meal I ate in 2010 was in a little restaurant in Key West FL. André and I went there for a mini honeymoon. I have no idea what I ate, but I remember the beautiful orchids on the table, the huge Andy Warhol lithographs, the intimate quiet setting, and looking into those beautiful eyes across the table. The food was great too, but for me it’s all about the beauty of my surroundings. It’s different for all of us, what speaks to me doesn’t necessarily speak to you. That’s why we all have to find our own unique niche. You have to listen to the music and read the books that feed your soul, eat the food that nourishes your body and pray to your own God.
You must find that one particular thing that you were meant to do, and when you do, pursue it with zest. If you were meant to paint, or write, or drive a bus; and you don’t then you deprive the rest of us of your talent, your gifts.
A few years back I was flying out of Phoenix airport at 6AM, which is not a pretty time of day for me. I left my car in long term parking and got on the Roadrunner bus. The bus driver was so happy, but not in an annoying way, he was just lovingly joyous. As he took off he announced that our cars were parked in the green parking lot, section B (or wherever it was). He announced it again a few minutes later and reminded us that we may want to write it down. Wow, write it down, why didn’t I ever think of that before? He then announced it one more time before dropping us at our terminal. I was so impressed that he not only had fun driving a bus at 6AM, but he was determined to make our lives a little easier. Such a simple thing, done so caringly. It made my day! If I can make someone’s day a little better, what better gift could I give?
I believe I’ll just make that one of my intentions this year…so let me know if I can make your day a little better. And remember to thank the bus driver, the car wash attendant, the garbage collector, the President (honestly can you imagine having that job?), your accountant….whoever makes your life a little easier.
Happy Creative New Year!
p.s. a Capybara is the largest rodent in the world….yum!by
Thanks to T-Mobile and my friend David Sunfellow, I’ve just had a wonderful treat this morning. This beautiful video made at Heathrow Terminal 5, International Arrivals. For those of you who watch television, maybe you’ve seen the short version, but I don’t watch TV so I’ve never seen this.
I was amazed at the emotion this brought up. In high school I used to drive over to Chicago’s O’Hare airport from my small town in Michigan, just to watch people come and go. The coming home greetings would always touch me deeply, as was the case with this video. How beautiful to see people giving the gift of hugs, kisses, smiles…welcoming each other, loving each other. We don’t get to see these kind of feelings expressed one to another in many places, airports being one exception. And in airports, maybe because of the long travel, or the time away, people usually are not shy about being expressive. You get to witness the most unrestrained joy. Joyous screams, joyous kisses, joyous hugs….joy just oozing out, bubbling over and touching everyone else!
My invitation to you this holiday season is to express your love for friends and family in a new expressive way. Open your mind, open your heart and give from that place of pure love, with no attachment to the outcome. Don’t worry about how it will be received, that is their choice not yours!
Here are some ideas for sharing from the heart:
- Big hugs, often!
- Kisses too!
- Find a youtube video that a loved one would enjoy and send to them…free!
- Share a walk in the park, a hike in the woods, build a snowperson.
- Send online greeting cards, again usually FREE, and saves trees.
- Give the gift of service, offer to clean the house, babysit, walk the dog, feed the cat, take an elderly person shopping, fix dinner.
- More hugs and kisses
- Tell someone you love them and add why. “I love you because you read my blog and post comments…I so appreciate hearing that you were touched!”
- Invite someone over for a cup of tea or coffee….talk…turn off your cell phones…that’s right no calls, no texting, no checking email.
- Go to the airport with a friend and watch people greet each other…let yourselves feel the emotion.
- Hold hands with your partner.
- Turn off the TV…watch a fire, or read a beautiful passage from a favorite book, more hand holding is perfectly acceptable too!
- Can’t afford a Christmas tree, get out your ornaments and decorate a tree outside. Invite your Jewish friends to help!
- Share one of your traditions (Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Solstice, Ramadan, etc.) with a friend who is not of your faith. I went to a friends Chanukah concert one year and cried it was so beautiful (thanks Karen)! One year I invited Jewish friends over to help decorate the Christmas tree…have you ever heard a grown man say, “This is the first ornament I have ever hung on a tree”? (thanks Arthur)
- Go caroling…remember caroling?
- Trade services, or do a big project together.
- Visit a temple, church, shrine or ceremony that is not of your faith…enjoy their traditions. One year I went to Christmas Eve midnight mass, I found it beautiful, and not fraught with any baggage for me.
- Give away a favorite book, or just copy a favorite passage to pass on.
- Go through old photos and give them to friends or family
- Volunteer together with a friend at a shelter, charity, park, picking up road trash, etc. Bonus – more time together!
- LISTEN! Maybe the most precious gift of all!
How can you share the gift of your love, your joy, your peace, your compassion, your wisdom, your talents, your caring, your creativity, your heart this year?
JOY TO THE WORLD!!!
PEACE TO THE WORLD!!
LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS!
Please leave your comments below. Have an idea for sharing love and joy? I would love to hear it!by
Whatcha gonna do with the 36 cents sticky with coke on your floorboard?
When a woman on the street is huddled in the cold on a sidewalk vent trying to keep warm.
Do you call her over, hand her the change, ask her story, ask her name
Or do you tell yourself, you’re just a fool, a fool to believe you can change the world…
The other night André, my wonderful husband, reminded me that when I heal myself – I heal the world. Yep, you see I/we believe that God/Spirit/Love, whatever you call the Universal essence is all there is. Therefore, if Spirit is all there is, then it follows that we are Spirit – right here, right now manifesting in physical form. When we heal ourselves, that healing spirals out in big waves of love and heals all that it touches.
A fine example of this type of healing is being done October 8th at Angel Valley Retreat Center.
Angel Valley is where James Ray held his now infamous retreat last October which concluded with a sweat lodge. Yes, that sweat lodge! The sweat lodge that ended in tragedy for the families and friends of the three people who transitioned that night.
Michael and Amayra Hamilton the owners of Angel Valley have chosen to create a beautiful, sacred space, a memorial to honor those who passed a year ago. Above is a picture of the beautiful heart that was created from the river rocks used in the sweat lodge ceremony. Large crystals represent those who passed, surrounded by those who have known and loved them. Trees have been planted to symbolize new life.
Here is part of Angel Valley’s invitation:
At the same time we want to focus on how we make the next step. We have learned from the experience. We have grown. For many it has been a process of tremendous transformation, of getting a deeper understanding about life and death and a more profound appreciation for the preciousness of life. Therefore the ceremony will be a celebration of life.
On the occasion, what we have so far called the Memorial Site will be officially renamed The Garden of Transformation
I honor Michael and Amayra for what they are doing to heal the energy field, the Earth and the families and friends of Kirby Brown, James Shore and Liz Newman. I’m not here to judge the people involved or guess why it happened or if it could have been prevented. I am standing with Angel Valley in moving forward to heal their trauma, to heal all those involved and to heal all people. They are moving forward with love, grace and forgiveness. This Friday, the celebration of life ceremony will include meditation, prayers, poetry and music. All the families, friends and community have been invited.
This is one of those healings that has the potential to heal the planet, shifting the grief and anger to love and forgiveness. Not running away from the pain, but facing it, owning it and then taking the necessary steps to heal.
Where in your life is there something hanging out that you haven’t healed?
Take a moment to go inside – sit in silence or with quiet music. Ask who or what you need to forgive. You may be surprised what comes up (I was, when a woman from 20 yrs. ago came up – I thought I was done with that chapter). Whatever feelings come, allow yourself to be with them. You may experience anger, grief, fear, pain, frustration, disbelief, sadness – just allow yourself to feel it. If need be journal about your pain, let it all out. You can be as vicious as needed, purge it, get it out of you, rip it up and burn it. Now that you’re done with that – forgive them and forgive yourself.
When faced with this pain you may wonder how you could possibly forgive. As I told a client yesterday you just do it! Remember:
When you release the wrongdoer from the wrong, you cut a malignant tumor out of your inner life.
You set a prisoner free, but you discover that the real prisoner was yourself.
–Lewis B. Smedes
The person who wronged you has most likely moved on, maybe not remembering the incident at all. While you are still held prisoner.
It is your choice now – right now to heal or not. What’s it going to be? You really can decide to release this right now. You really can decide to heal – yourself and the energy field that we all rely on. Pigs were born to wallow in garbage not you! You are big enough, couragous enough and strong enough to cut that tumor out now.
p.s. Don’t forget to forgive yourself for carrying it this long! Feel better don’t you????
Want to feel better on a continual basis?
Call me now to schedule your FREE 30-minute coaching session or call 602.999.2493.
Mamacita has been playing in my brain lately, so I decided to give her the forum today! Her words seem so simple, and yet the Truth always is.
Mamacita, what changes are coming?
Energetic, there is a shift happening. You are moving into the feminine energies – loving, caring, compassion, grace, forgiveness. And yes, there is still a warrior Spirit if needed – witness a mother bear protecting her cubs. But women will never send their son/daughters off to a needless war.
How can we survive these changes?
Love, Love and more love! No matter what happens – ask, “What would Love do now?” And forgiveness – you must learn to forgive quickly. Remember most people attack out of fear – FEAR – false emotions appearing real. Separate the person from the action and forgive them to the core of their being. That core, that essence of Spirit that is perfect, whole and complete.
What should we do now?
Move powerfully into Truth, in every phase of your life. Be authentic, live in integrity, be bold and courageous in your Truth. There is no more time for hiding who you really are. There is no more time to waste in a life of misery, pain and suffering. You are here to live in joy, in love, in truth.
Mamacita, this is nothing new, don’t you have some profound words of wisdom for us?
LOVE IS PROFOUND! Especially in the face of conceived evil. But since you need a little more help here are a few more words of wisdom:
* Gratitude – be grateful for all you have right now
* Faith – put your faith in Spirit not in fear
* Grace – allow grace to permeate all you do
* Inspire – inspire another person today, show them love, show them joy, show them courage. Remember what you give – you receive.
* Light – a tiny candle can illuminate the dark
* Courage – Walk your Talk!
I ask you, “Has Spirit ever let you down? Really???” Go in Love.
Mamacita, is there anything else?
Yes, you know I invented the acronym, KISS – keep it simple sweetie. It is really simple; if you want to live in joy – be joyous. If you want to be loved – love. If you want to be abundant – be grateful. If you want to be courageous – leap and the net will appear. If you want to live – get up every morning and greet the day with a big kiss! I LOVE YOU!
Thank you Mamacita! Anytime, de nada!by
GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY, STEP INTO LOVE AND LET GO
As I embark on this new journey the question has been, “Will people accept me in this new role, will they be warm and fuzzy or will they be cold and serpent like? The answer of course is I have to follow my heart and follow Spirit.
Fear is what keeps me separate from you, if I let my fear control me then I will not reach out to you. I will not tell the world what I’m doing and I will continue to hide my light under the basket. I will not be able to love and support you if I continue to hide. And what I choose to do now is love and support you!
Just as I chose to step into this “snake pit”, I choose now to step into my true essence, yes it’s scary, yes sometimes it seems too big and I wonder what makes me so sure I can do this. But the Truth is I can’t do anything else now, I have chosen a new life and dammit I know it is the right thing. This trip to Peru working with Shamans in the Amazonian jungle and Andes Mountains was among the scariest 24 days of my life, but I came out a new person, ready to make this transformation, and indeed I could not deny the calling any longer.
Sometimes it’s necessary to get out of our own way. When we want to create or manifest something , WHO is in the way? Oh yeah baby, there’s three fingers pointing right back at you and me! Yep, it’s true, I’m the one who doesn’t think it’s possible, who comes up with a myriad of reasons why it won’t work, who fears the worst. What is the worst anyway? In my imagination the worst is I fail, lose everything, end up on the street – or in the woods in my case, with nothing and no one. Is this really possible – wow I think not! I’ve failed before, didn’t kill me, here I am in Sedona, living a great life. So what’s really in the way – FEAR!!! When I’m in FEAR, love does not exist. I’m certainly not loving myself when I’m in FEAR. I know that what I think, what I believe is what I will create, therefore if I continue with these negative thoughts, guess what I’m creating? Yes, that’s right, more icky, yucky crap. If I’m putting my faith in fear, then I’m certainly not putting my faith in Love/God/Spirit. Putting faith in fear happens when I let the fear monster take over my thoughts, when I put more credence in my fears than in Spirit’s ability to walk me through them. When I step out of Love and into Fear!
- I challenge you to think back about some situation, event or disaster in your life. Reenact the fear and worry…now tell me if the worry, the agony, the fear really changed anything. Did it free you up to act or did it paralyze you and hold you hostage?
- At some point were you able to let go of the fear? Did you surrender? What happened then?
My guess is when you stepped out of Fear, you were able to act, you made conscious decisions and moved forward. I remember the bus trip down the mountain in the Andes, hairpin curves, a creaky old bus, pouring rain in an intense thunder and lightning storm. I was terrified and the voice said, “I have brought you through all this, why would I let you die now? You have things to do.” I surrendered, relaxed and enjoyed one of the most stunning storms I had ever witnessed. The lightning was magnificent at that altitude!
When I put my faith in fear, then my prayers sound like this: Dear God, please help me, if you take care of this I will do/or not do_________ everyday I swear!!!
When I choose to step into Love, when I choose to put my faith in Love, my affirmative prayer now sounds like this: I know that God/Love is all there is. I am what God is, there is no separation. I hereby claim Love in everything I do, I come from Love in every situation, I put my faith in Love. I release these words into Universal Law. And so it is! Granted this is a simplified version but actually it’s all we have to do. I’ve used this simple version when witnessing an accident to send protection and love. You CAN choose to step into Love and out of Fear right now. Give up your addiction to worry and fear….choose Joy and Love instead!
Create a great week fortyfour times!